And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind Him and touched the edge of His cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. “Who touched me?” Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.” But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from Me.”
- Reflect On: Luke 8:43-48.
- Praise God: For placing His Son, Jesus, in the midst of our struggles and hurts.
- Offer Thanks: For all the ways you have seen God’s power at work in your life.
- Confess: Any tendency to mistrust God because of past disappointments.
- Ask God: To help you put your faith where it belongs—in Him.
If you have been suffering physically or emotionally, ask for the grace today to put your faith in God rather than in a particular outcome. Tell the Lord you no longer expect Him to explain Himself to you and that you trust Him to love you and provide for you not matter what.