Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” Abraham offered, “God Himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.”
- Reflect On: Genesis 22:6-13
- Praise God: For His mercy.
- Offer Thanks: That God Himself has provided the sacrifice that makes us whole.
- Confess: Your need for a Savior.
- Ask God: To open your eyes to what His Son has done for you.
…The next time you are tempted to wallow in guilt over some sin or failing, remember that the Father has paid an impossibly high price to redeem you. Don’t make the mistake of acting as if it wasn’t enough. Instead, ask God’s forgiveness and then turn your thoughts to the Lamb that He has provided. Praise Christ and thank Him for being willing to spend His last drop of blood to save you.