These are my notes in preparation for our 6/5/2011 church meeting.
Leader: Raymond Harris
With Bible closed, I’d like for each of us to write down, “My purpose in life.” Please do this by Wednesday if you can. Not for class wed. but I don’t want us to be influenced by the scriptures and questions I plan to give out later this week. By writing this down we will each be able to compare where we are with where we want to be! Some may already be where they want to be and that’s fantastic, but others of us may not have thought about this. Wednesday night I plan to give some scriptures and thought provoking questions for us to discuss on sunday. So please check this site middle of the week for the follow up information!
Give scriptures where possible.
- Can we arrive at our life’s purpose by starting with and focusing on ourselves? Explain!
- Who is life all about? Explain!
- How can we remind ourselves that life is really about God, not myself?
- What are some benefits of understanding my purpose in life?
- What would your family and friends say is the driving force in your life?
- What do we learn from Jesus about our purpose? Why did He come?
- How can we stay focused on God’s purpose for our lives?
Let us live with God, heart beat after heart beat, breath after breath fulfilling His purpose for our lives! Let’s have an open bible discussion helping each other to see our purpose here on earth!!!!
My purpose, in general, is to use my life experiences to bring glory to GOD. I am to lead my family. As a father, I’m to raise my children to know GOD and to have hearts for Him. He has given me an ability to write and teach, so I am trying to use these abilities in writing on my website and teaching people, both in our house church and in one-on-one studies. I feel that He has also blessed me with leadership capabilities which I am trying to use to help people. Although I am not a “people person” by nature, I feel a strong responsibility to share the gospel with lost people.
Can we arrive at our life’s purpose by starting with and focusing on ourselves? Explain!
It’s His story. He has given us the opportunity to play a part and to choose the role we’ll play. GOD created us to feel best about ourselves when we are serving others and not focused on ourselves.
Who is life all about? Explain!
Life is all about GOD—Father, Son, Spirit. No explanation needed.
How can we remind ourselves that life is really about God, not myself?
Identify your life purpose and set about accomplishing it. Read, pray, seek to learn the lessons GOD is trying to teach you through life experiences.
What are some benefits of understanding my purpose in life?
- I can feel a true sense of accomplishment and fulfillment.
- I can be confident that I’m making my life really matter, redeeming the time for worrying of value.
- GOD can use me to my fullest potential and for His maximum glory.
- Others can see Jesus reflected in my life.
What would your family and friends say is the driving force in your life?
I feel confident they would say it’s GOD.
What do we learn from Jesus about our purpose? Why did He come?
We learn everything about life and what’s important from Jesus. He cared virtually nothing for temporal things. He had a clear purpose from the beginning and had laser focus on accomplishing His task, helping as many along the way as possible.
How can we stay focused on God’s purpose for our lives?
When we make His purpose our passion, we don’t want to stop. We pursue it of our own desires.