In April 2010, my wife Holly and I helped start a church that meets in our home in Montgomery, Alabama.
For several reasons that decision was, by far, the most difficult one I had made in my life and has, to this point, been among the most fulfilling.
As that church's fourth anniversary was approaching, I decided to write a book about our experience, explaining what led us to start the house church, what we learned during those four years, the benefits and challenges we've seen, and offering my perspective on the various objections and misconceptions some people have about house churches.
I've entitled this book House Church Reflections.
Specific topics addressed include:
- Seeds from my youth which planted a longing for deep, authentic Christian community.
- An in-depth explanation of the issues we wrestled with in our previous congregation.
- How the New Testament defines "worship" and why it matters.
- The value of participation as a component of spiritual growth.
- A description of our church's assemblies.
- Lessons learned, benefits realized, challenges encountered and advice for anyone contemplating starting a house church.
- A comprehensive look at what Scripture reveals regarding the collection mentioned in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 and its impact on biblical giving.
- Examining Paul's teaching regarding women's participation in church meetings.
- What does and does not constitute division in the church.
- A historical look at the early church's love feasts.
- An appeal to biblical unity in spite of any differences of opinion we may have over disputable matters.
The information in this book can benefit any Bible student, regardless of their opinion toward or interest in house churches.
That's why I've decided to give the book away free in e-book format (PDF and Kindle format).
Simply enter your email address below and we'll send it to you.