- Psalm 120; 121; 140; 143; 144
As we journey through the Psalms we are focusing on those things we learn of GOD’s nature, character and actions.
Psalm 120 is a prayer for deliverance from lying Gentiles who want to go to war. In this Psalm we learn that GOD:
- Answers me when I call upon Him in distress.
- Will punish the deceitful with a warrior’s sharp arrows and with burning coals of the broom tree.
Psalm 121 talks about how GOD watches over His people. In this Psalm we learn that GOD:
- Provides help for the needy.
- Is the maker of heaven and earth.
- Will not allow your foot to slip.
- Neither sleeps nor slumbers.
- Watches over you.
- Is your shade at your right hand.
- Protects us during day and night.
- Will keep you from all harm.
- Watches over your life forever.
Psalm 140 is a prayer for protection from violent enemies. From this Psalm we see that GOD:
- Is my strong deliverer who shields my head in the day of battle.
- Secures justice for the poor.
- Upholds the cause of the needy.
Psalm 143 is a prayer for GOD to preserve and protect us. In this Psalm it says that GOD:
- Has done many works by His hands.
- Is a good Spirit.
- Is righteous.
Psalm 144 is a prayer for GOD’s power. In this Psalm, GOD:
- Is my rock.
- Trains my hands and fingers for battle.
- Is loving.
- Is my fortress.
- Is my stronghold.
- Is my deliverer.
- Is my shield.
- Is where I take refuge.
- Subdues people under me.