- Psalm 5; 6; 7; 10; 11
In today’s reading we begin our study of the Psalms. In The Daily Bible, the Psalms are organized into five major topical groupings, with the first being “Psalms of the Troubled Soul.” In our daily devotionals we will focus on what we learn of GOD in the Psalms we read each day.
Today we learned that GOD:
- Hears our prayers.
- Takes no pleasure in evil.
- Does not dwell in the presence of the wicked.
- Hates all who do wrong.
- Destroys those who tell lies.
- Abhors (hates) the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
- Blesses the righteous and surrounds them with His favor like a shield.
- Accepts the prayer of the righteous.
- Searches people’s minds and hearts.
- Is a shield to the upright in heart.
- Is a righteous judge.
- Expresses His wrath every day.
- Sees trouble and grief and takes it in hand.
- Is the helper of the fatherless.
- Is King forever and ever.
- Hears the desire of the afflicted, encourages them, and listens to their cry.
- Defends the fatherless and the oppressed in relief of the terrified one.
- Is in His holy temple and His heavenly throne.
- Observes the sons of men and examines them.
- Hates the wicked and those who love violence.
- Will rain fiery coals and burning sulfur upon the wicked.
- Is righteous.
- Loves justice.